Nature of Business
Situated right in the heart of Ilford, The Exchange is a shopping centre that houses over 80 stores, cafés and independent boutiques in Gifts and Jewellery, Fashion, Health and Beauty and many more. Exchange Ilford is home to household brands such as Debenhams, H Samuels, TK Maxx, Next, WH Smith, Marks and Spencer and Burger King and welcomes over 230,000 visitors every week.
Exchange Ilford hosted an event to celebrating the end of the holy month of Ramadan with a week long Eid event for families and children. Over half of its weekly shoppers are Muslim so the shopping created an event by playing host to a number of fun activities and exhibitors for the duration of the event. The event, which will mark the last few days of the Muslim holy month of Ramadhan, was packed with cultural activities and giveaways for families. The aim was to create awareness of this event through local media and ethnic media and social networking
A full PR and marketing programme in 2012 and 2013 was created for the event including a pre and post press release each individually tailored for the target media. A video was also created as news release to showcase the event.
- Increased exposure through coverage in media
- Event featured stalls from a number of businesses with cultural activities and giveaways for families and children.
- Highlights included henna mendhi drawing, nasheed artists and Islamic poetry.
- Giveaways during the event included newspapers, children’s books and delicious traditional Indian sweets courtesy of the Exchange Ilford.
- Increased interaction and relationship building with target client
- Community ties strengthened
- Dedicated video detailing the event uploaded to YouTube and shared on social media platforms