Leicester Exhibition Centre (LEC)
Nature of Business
Leicester Exhibition Centre, LEC, approached 79PR to help launch its 60,000 sq foot venue as an international exhibition and conference centre. Its brief included becoming the host venue of choice for a variety of events from award winning exhibitions and conferences to international association meetings, product launches, banquets, award ceremonies and sporting events. Its signature event was the inaugural Ramadhan Shopping Festival – a 10 day event coinciding with the holy month of Ramadhan. Its target audience was the large ethnic and multi-cultural population in the East Midlands.
To create a brand identity for the LEC, and to create awareness of the business as a premier destination venue. The brief also included a campaign-led plan to help launch the 10-day Ramadhan Shopping Festival with an aim of attracting over 35,000 Muslims and ethnic consumers to the venue from across the UK.
A full marketing plan including the design of a new website, logo, marketing material including brochures, full PR plan and advertising. A separate campaign to attract visitors for the 10-day Ramadhan Shopping Festival was also created and executed included working with ethnic media across the UK.
- Brand new interactive website
- In its debut year, LEC hosted more than 100 events with over 150,000 visitors, 93% target audience, coming through the doors
- New logo design and brand identity
- Marketing materials produced and printed by 79PR including over 100,000 flyers, banners and brochures.
- Full media and public relations
- Coverage in all ethnic press, local press and vertical trade media including print, broadcast and radio.
- 79PR were main contact point for media with a full press office service
- All advertising was handled by 79PR
- The 10-day Ramadhan Shopping Festival attracted over 100 exhibitors showcasing their wares from food, clothing, financial services to property.
- The 10-day Ramadhan Shopping Festival attracted over 50,000 visitors from across the UK beating target by 15,000
- Creation of mini festival called Exhibition Islam that consisted of a series of exhibitions on Islam’s heritage, history, cover the Islamic contribution to Science and display Islamic Art